Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Kerala tourism, tsunami and PR

If you have accidentally landed up on my blog through a search engine looking for information on Tsunami hit towns in India or Kerala (my native state), here's what I know in a nitshell.

Kerala escaped mostly unscathed compared to Tamil Nadu, the adjacent state. Most of the deaths in Kerala (approx. 150 dead) were concentrated in the Kollam district.

Kovalam, the famous beach or the backwaters of Kerala were not affected in any way. So if you have friends / relatives there, you can be reasonably sure that they are safe - unless they left Kerala and crossed over to Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu which was badly hit. Even then, so far, I have not come across bad news about tourists in Kanyakumari.

This info is for those who keep visiting the blog searching for tsunami relief or casualties information on Kerala.

The state's tourism industry is already back on its feet and the government has shifted into high PR gear, emphasizing that the well-developed state is already receiving tourists who are cancelling their trips to the Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is the second-worst hit after Indonesia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi TERRIER, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on cincinnati online dating when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for cincinnati online dating. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about cincinnati online dating at the site above.

December 15, 2005 at 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home