Monday, March 26, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith died of accidental overdose

The New York Times has reported that Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental prescription drug overdose last month according to the autopsy report.

Traces of many drugs such as muscle relaxants, pain relievers like methadone and anti-anxiety medicines were found in Smith's body. The primary drug was identified as the sedative chloral hydrate.

The medical examiner also said that other contributing factors included an intestinal flu and a bacterial infection.

There was intense speculation as to Anna Nicole Smith's death when she was found unconscious in her suite at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood. Smith was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead. However, the medical examiner ruled out suicide saying she was in very high spirits and the police department said there was no evidence of foul play.

Anna Nicole Smith was unwell when she arrived in Florida and was complaining of 105 degree fever. The fever may have been a result of the infection caused by the longevity injections she was injecting in her buttocks, says the New York Times. Smith did not go to the hospital but kept taking chloral hydrate to go to sleep.

Last September, Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son Daniel died of a drug overdose in the Bahamas a few days after Smith gave birth to a daughter, Dannielyn. Many believe that Smith has been in depression ever since.

Meanwhile, the battle for custody for Smith's baby daughter, Dannielyn, continues over who is the biological father of the baby. A Bahamian judge had recently ordered a DNA test for Dannielyn to determine the identity of her father. Dannielyn is currently in the care of Smith's last companion Howard Stern, who is being challenged by photographer Larry Birkhead an ex-boyfriend of Smith, for Dannielyn's custody.

There is also a lawsuit on whether Dannielyn will inherit a part of Smith's ex-husband, oil billionaire J. Howard Marshall II's vast estate.


Post a Comment

<< Home