Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Natural home remedies and first aid for bee, wasp, and hornet stings

Bee, wasp, and hornet stings can be very painful. Minor bee or wasp stings can be treated at home quite easily but if there is excessive inflammation and rapid swelling it is best to see a doctor as soon as possible. It is an emergency if the person stung by a bee or a wasp has difficulty breathing or has blurred vision. Some people can be allergic to bee stings. Symptoms of allergy are runny nose, welts and swelling on other parts of body, nausea, lightheadedness etc. Again, it's important to see a doctor if you have allergic symptoms to a bee or a wasp sting instead of doing first aid on your own.

Home remedies for minor bee or wasp stings:

1) Apply honey to ease the pain.
2) Massage with ice cubes.
3) Apply a paste of vinegar and baking soda.
4) Place a slice of onion or tomato on the stung area or the sting if its still there.
5) Apply meat tenderizers mixed with water.
6) Do not try to pull out the stinger. Try and scrape it out with a short, sharp implement such as a credit card.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

Mitigator Rules!
I can recommend a new “scrub” product called “Mitigator Sting & Bite Treatment”; to say that it is terrific is an understatement! It actually removes venom by exfoliating the top layer of skin, opening the pores and drawing out the toxins. I had instant relief from pain and itching and all traces of the sting disappeared within minutes. I found it on the web at www.MitigatorGov.com which is their military website. I called and they sold me (6) ½ ounce packages for about $2.00/pack (each resealable pack treats about 20 stings or bites). The only thing that can create a problem is if you wait too long to apply it, it should be rubbed in vigorously within the first few minutes after the bite or sting – the longer you wait, the less effective it is. I’ve used it on bees, wasps, fire ants (no blisters even appeared), mosquitoes and chiggers. They say it works on jellyfish but I’m a long way from the ocean so I haven’t needed it for that problem. No smelly chemicals, works great and is even safe for kids (the scrubbing replaces scratching so – no secondary infections). I should make a commercial for them!

March 15, 2007 at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home