Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Micro Persuasion: Anal Retentive PR (1904-2004)

In Micropersuasion I came across this link to an interesting essay on blogging and PR. Mr. Rubel says that the days of Anal Retentive PR is over :)

This essay definitely goes in to my must-steal-points-from list for the day when I present blogging as an idea whose time has come to my 70-year old management, and promptly get booted out. Not because of the essay, no, but because suggesting blogs to an Indian PR firm would imply that I have finally lost it.

*** You can't stand in the way of destiny (or her child).***

Anyway, the point of the whole thing is that Steve Rubel believes that with the coming of blogging, Anal retentive PR has finally gone back to the good father. I wish it were really true... As of now, even in the US, it seems that a large chunk of the PR bunch still are not clued in. This here is disturbing to Elizabeth Albrycht. I am disturbed that she is disturbed and had to reply to it. Which means the debate is still on. Which means much as we would liek it to be true, much as I wish Mr. Rubel is right, anal retentive PR is very much alive there in the US. And of course, then it follows that it runs the PR industry in India.

I need a drink.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rubel said...

I think we'll be right. Keep the faith!

October 12, 2004 at 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.

November 6, 2005 at 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi TERRIER, you have a nice blog. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on computer dating when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on computer dating then drop by the site above and check it out.

December 15, 2005 at 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fetish
sex

September 23, 2006 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home