Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Trawling PR blogs for weaponry

My lone battle to convince my colleagues and clients to blog proceeds apace. The Web is my guide, and other PR blogs are my weapons and armour!

I haven't been posting for a few days. Mostly, because I was reading up. Stacking up my ammunition, if you will.

Well, I still haven't managed to create a convincing presentation on why my clients in India should blog. Not very surprising, as as far as I can see, the debate is still raging among all the other PR bloggers. So today, I just present my collection of material, all bookmarked, for the oncoming battle. I think that if I were abroad, all this material would have been sufficient. But then, India is a different case altogether. Even the companies that profess greater benefits from technology are closet-technophobes. Convincing this lot is going to be one very tough battle.
Anyway here goes:Shel Holtz points to a new study by WordBiz.

Seventy-one percent of those responding to the survey said they aren't producing a business blog because they don't have the time. Another 45% didn't know what they would write about. But a full 80% said they had considered starting a business blog. Read more on Holtz's blog

CorporatePR talks about the Devil's advocate at CBS Marketwatch. According to Frank Barneko, blogs are not all that they are made out to be. He has used hits and visitors, a metric more applicable to websites than to blogs, says Elizabeth Albrycht.

Meanwhile, Steve Rubel has pointed me to some blogs I would be watching closely - especially the one of Charlene Li, an analyst with Forrester. "One of the goals of this blog is also to figure out what role blogs will have within Forrester," she says. I shall watch what she figures out, and try to pick up some nuggets on the way!

And Micropresuasion has this very useful list of things to do for figuring out how to find infuential blogs that reach your key audiences Simple and easy. I will be following his advice, newbie that I am :)




1 Comments:

Blogger Constantin Basturea said...

You can find more 'weapons' :) at The New PR Wiki's resources directory:
http://www.thenewpr.com/wiki/pmwiki.php/Resources/HomePage

October 20, 2004 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home