Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Blogger down. Again. Is this a reliable tool?

That was bad. 24 hours of not reading any blogspot-hosted blog, 24 hours of not being able to update my blog.

I have seriously considered Movable Type or Typepad before. However, Movable Type charges you, and unless my efforts in the direction of convincing corporates and employees to blog, there is no point in spending money first and regretting later.

On the other hand, these Blogger outages seem to be getting more frequent. Usually, its a minor thing - The files are not published immediately after clicking the Publish button.. But 24 hours of ability to blog is bad.

Whats worse is - the news doe snot seem to spread. As the masses' tool for blogging, I would expect the news of the outage to be everywhere. But nothing! That brings us to another question - we suume that such news spreads very fast in the blogosphere, but the news of a huge blogger outage did not?

6 Comments:

Blogger Constantin Basturea said...

You can install the free version of MovableType (limited to one author - 3 weblogs):

http://www.movabletype.org/get_movable_type_personal.shtml

... or you can install WordPress, which is free:
http://wordpress.org

Constantin
http://weblog.basturea.com

October 28, 2004 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger nodenet said...

Yes it is ther same for me I find it very frustrating. They should have some kind of status info.
What the problem is, when it will be resolved,
.... I wonder will it let me post this comment?

April 8, 2005 at 2:19 AM  
Blogger nodenet said...

Yes it is ther same for me I find it very frustrating. They should have some kind of status info.
What the problem is, when it will be resolved,
.... I wonder will it let me post this comment?

April 8, 2005 at 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

October 28, 2005 at 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And A Link Back To Your Web Site Excite You?

October 31, 2005 at 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to all of the major RSS feed directories on the Internet.

November 6, 2005 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home