Thursday, October 28, 2004

Rediff.com launches Connexions - a social networking tool

If you don't count Ryze, this could be the first one for Indians. Ryze, of course, is overpopulated by Indians.

Rediff Connexions does seem to have a simple and easy to understand interface. At least, I liked it much better than Ryze. I have never checked out LinkedIn or any other such social networking tools. Rediff has generally been quick to adapt to Internet communication trends.

I remember how quickly they changed Rediff from a news website to include chat, then ecommerce, blogs almost a year back.. and now this. If you don't know, Rediff is probably India's most popular portal and most-established internet brand, though the Times of India group's Indiatimes is trying very hard indeed.

Before I can rate Connexions, I will have to check out LinkedIn and its sisters, I guess. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about dostpost.com?

November 26, 2006 at 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for an Indian site that can combine news, movies, cricket and also social networking aspects such as forums, blogs, private messages etc. I stumbled upon http://www.hangoutwith.com and found to be great! Hangoutwith.com is a good social networking site especially for Indians and it is much cleaner that other sites such as orkut, tagged etc. I agree that it is still in Beta and need to get fine tuned. But I am sure that people at hangoutwith.com are doing their best to get there!

Give it a Spin!

March 12, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home